Why I Friend Zoned My Husband For A Year Adesua Etomi Speaks up

 Adesua Etomi, a well-known Nollywood actress, has explained why she friend-zoned her husband Banky Wellington, often known as Banky W, for a year before deciding to be married to him.

On September 17, she disclosed this while discussing the beginning of their relationship at Waterbrook Church in Lagos.He was initially placed in the friend zone, the 35-year-old movie star said, because she wasn't convinced of God's plans for their relationship.



Her words,

“I would like to say that friendship plays a very big role in laying the foundation of your relationship. I friend-zoned my husband for a year and half [laughs].

“I friend-zoned him for two reasons. One, I wasn’t sure that I had heard from God about whether this person was actually my person. Actually, there are three reasons. Second, marrying Banky W [laughs]. I was like, ‘my life on my own is chaotic enough, I would now marry Banky? No, no, no.’

And then thirdly, just trying to at least have a friendship. And I honestly believe that the friendship we laid over a year and half has played a very big role in how our relationship is today. Banky W is my guy. I mean if you take away romance and sex and everything that makes a marriage, he would still be my guy. Banky is my best friend.”

Banky W interjected: “No, leave s.x. Don’t take it away [laughs].”

The celebrity couple tied the knot in November 2017 and welcomed their first child in January 2021.


Post a Comment

Please Select Embedded Mode To Show The Comment System.*

Previous Post Next Post